Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pan and Tilt Platform with Memory! PLZ help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynergy

Hi guys!

I need some help:)
I just downloaded swordfish and seem to like it and im using a PIC18f452 Chip

Im designing a pan and tilt platform- system:
Comprising of:
2 servos - to achieve pan/tilt
keypad - MOST important- to store locations of the servos to say... keys 1-9
joystick - OR x/y sliders to move the servo.
LCD - just to display the position the system is in... say 1-9

HELP mainly required on how to send a pulse to the servo, push a button on the keypad and store that location to memory ( guessing EEPROM)
later if i push that key i want the servo's to go back to that position...

Plz if anyone out there can help me i would appreciate it SOOO much (esp wit the coding) :)))):D

Hi there, if you are building this for a camera system why are you only using pan and tilt and not zoom as well ? What type of servo will you be using as rc or model servos use a PWM signal. Storing the position should not be a problem and you can easily add roaming etc. later

Start of with control of one servo in a 'sweeping' configuration and work from there.

Thanks for the reply gordz,

yeah i am using RC servo's (PWM) but im gonna "hard wire" it first as opposed to using RF.

If someone could just help me do the storing and movement on one servo as you say, im sure i will be able to continue from there.(Its just im brand new to using PICs, but have done some programming in other languages for diff things)

I am building it for a camera, and the zoom idea is great, but i just wanna take baby steps first:)

So if anyone could help just with that for starters i feel confident i will be able to build on from there on my own...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back