Panasonic 12V 4 pin soldered relay

GoBeau

Hello everyone, thanks in advance for allowing me to join this group. I’m hoping someone can help me out in either sourcing out this Panasonic 12V relay used in a Kubota RTV flash unit for turn signalling or find a replacement relay that would do the same job. The entire relay module cost $160.00 to replace when all that is failing in the unit is one of two small Panasonic relays part number ACTB1F1A03. I have attached a few pictures for anyone to review. I’ve tried now for the last two weeks to source the relay out. From what I can gather from Panasonic, this relay is designed and sold only to a specific Japanese part manufacturer that makes this specific flasher unit for Kubota. I am assuming that the flasher has a left and right side since only one side of my turn signals was failing. This particular relay only has 4 pins that are soldered to a small PCB board. The problem was on the failed side of the turn signal, the lights were just staying on and not flashing. I was hoping that a $5.00 - $10.00 relay would be an easy fix but finding the specific Panasonic relay seems to be the bigger issue. I have several years of experience in electronics and computer repairs. Actually started repairing computers by tracing failed components, unsoldering them (chips with up to 48 pins) and replacing them. Now a days, there’s not one computer tech that ever requires to solder or unsolder anything in a computer! (LOL). Anyways, hoping someone can help… see pictures attached for more details.

No specifics, but the relay seems to be part of the ATCB series. The 1F is probably some form factor designation, the 1A is the contact arrangement. The 03 may be some form of voltage tolerance like "must pick up" or "must drop out" voltages. (just a guess...)
Some ACTB datasheets show the same pin arrangement as yours, but I cannot find the 1F types, sorry. They are commonly called automotive TB series of relays.

For lamp control, the ACTB1L1 (or L2, L3) may be a suitable replacement, but check the pin spacing and overall size of the old relay you have first. Measure the coil resistance as well, see if you can find one that matches in the datasheet. The 03 on the old relay may mean "L3" type. (again, just guessing...)

Last edited:
ACTB1L3 should be a suitable replacement - the "3" relates to relay coil resistance and the OP's original is a 225Ω version.

The "1" is the contact form and is Form A - SPST.

Datasheet attached - I have highlited the replacement relay data on page 3 (I did post all this in the now deleted duplicate post originally).

Measure the physical size of the original against any replacement to make sure it is correct.

I did note there appeared to be burnt tracks around the relay tracks and diode to the left of it that may need investigating.

Attachments

• Relay.pdf
    523.9 KB · Views: 128
Thank you very much for the detailed response. Do you know a supplier that I can order these from?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…