Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel Port Logic / status display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matilda

Hello All,
I'm trying to find a device I can use on my parallel port to display the status of each pin each by means of LED. I'm using the parallel to control something and I need something I can plug in series with the cable.

It will help diagnosing problems.
Black Box & Tigerdirect says they use to have products as such, but no more.

I'm lazy and don't feel like building anything. If you have a suggestion please send it my way.
Or even a schematic on building something using transistors & LEDS.
I may have to build something.....if I can't find anything!

Thanks in advance,
M

Yes, that would be good on the software side of things....
Unfortunately I need something that monitors the pins while the computer is off, while the computer boots, during software and back down to shut down.....

I think I'm just gonna have to build something!

I'm sooooo lazy :eek:

Thanks

This is called a break out box. This is a common tool for Serial and Parallel ports. Watch out for the 25-pin serial port versions, for they appear to be just like a parallel port version. You do not want serial version because the status leds toggle for + and - voltage. Parallel version are a bit evasive to acquire.

Some links:
http://www.protocolanalyser.com/boball.htm

**broken link removed**

dinesh.s ,

I know.......I'm so busy.....actually I'm just lazy! :)
If I build it, I will be building it on company time.
So I can either spend company money on labour....
Or spend the company money on a product.

Besides I'm afraid that when I make it....others will want one! ;)

If u r not connecting any load and if u just wanna see the status of the line you can use uln2003 on the data lines and on the control lines, you can implement it with just two ic and 13 led's as u wish.

Any quiers feel free.

I remember seeing a clip made by OK Machine & Tool in New York state, and a magazine project about a "chip clip" to monitor DIPs. This piece, or a substitute, may be usable for mulit-pin connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back