pc based project for led

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbhosle

hello ,

respected all, i am new in this group .
i like to build pc based led scrolling display project.
does any one have any idea for it. the project i want to do in turbo c.
if any one have let me know.

thanks.

arvind.

That is not how this forum works. You tell us what you plan to do and someone will tell you if it works.

VB2005 rocks. I used it for a while, but decided to learn c because everyone else uses it.

thanks for reply

Russlk said:
That is not how this forum works. You tell us what you plan to do and someone will tell you if it works.

respected sir ,
thanks for your immidiate reply.
i have another project by which i can make a token display project with LED's.
and it handle with pc by giving number information bysmall exe which runs in turbo c.
tomarroe i wil give u the example of it.
its easy to build.
i want to make led chaser or srolling message display which will handle with my pc.
but i havnt click any idea for source code.
sir, i will meet you tomarrow also.
please keep in touch and try to solve my query.
thanks.
arvind

The parallel ports data lines and strobe line can easily be used to clock 8 bits of data into a register array like Marks suggested. You'd simply set up some kind of timer in your C program to send out the next column of LED states one by one at any rate. The shift register wil move one column down the line at a time until they start to 'fall off' of the end. If you want a non-moving display don't use a timer just clock the LED data out as fast as possible. Human eyesight can't keep up with a computer so you're going to only notice a tiny blur before the entire display is updated.

Is some kind of interfacing? If so I have done a project before of using led matrix a 5x8. I used 1 IC and I can form any patterns on the LED, if your interested with it just tell. I forgot the IC and Ill have to check my compilation first. I used the parallel port as the driver for the 5 columns and the IC to the 8 rows. I am only using the data pins of the parallel port, I am using VB.

its well!

Marks256 said:
use a few serial to parallel shift registers connected to the parallel port...
Respected sir
thanks for your reply
its good idea .
i have just click some thing .
ok.
Thanks
arvind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…