PC---> Micro Controller ---> Devices HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

firekiller51

hey,

I am in the process of building an underwater ROV. The ROV will be driven by two joysticks which will connect to a computer. Attached to the computer will be circuit 1 and attached to ciruit 1 will be circuit 2. Within ciruit 2 is sensory devices and motors that will be controlled by the joysticks. The electronic components will look something like this...........

HOOKED UP TO COMPUTER (circuit 1)
**broken link removed**

HOOKED TO ABOVE CIRCUIT VIA A CAT-5 CABLE (ciruict 2)
**broken link removed**

Building these circuits is no big deal as i have built many before but I am wondering how the Atmel mega32 will work with the computer because i know nothing about micro controllers.

Do I have to program the micro controller so that all of the devices will send info back to the computer and vis-versa with the joysticks.
Or will a computer program be able to control the micro controller without us having to do any programing on it.

I will be using the 40-pin PDIP
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?module=Freaks Devices&func=displayDev&objectid=69

If anybody has any answers or good tutorials on this it would be much appreciated

Ben

the microcontroller is just a small computer. you will have to write code for all the tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…