Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC Supply -> Variable Power Supply + Function Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

transistance

I have this old 400W power supply just taking space on my bookshelf. So I decided to turn it into a regulated variable power supply for my electronics projects. I am planning to use the 12V rails as a feed for a variable power supply utilizing the LM317, 1 5V rail for a (square/triangle/sine) function generator, and the rest of the 5V and 3V rails as additional power outs. I'm also planning to implant an LCD screen showing the supplied current, voltage of the variable supply, type and frequency of function generated.

Can this be done? Should I in some way (which I don't know of) insulate my logic and LCD circuit from the rest of the box? I need some leads on what parts I should start gathering and the course of the design.

thanks in advance,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back