Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

running a 12v+ & 12V- under 14 pin dip=.030 traces
also under same dip 2 ground traces = .020 traces
any problems with this??
routing traces etc. is kinda fun but frustrating

jpanhalt said:
Why 2 ground traces? John

I imagine it doesn't make much sense to have the signal traces 0.03 and a single ground trace of 0.02. That way he increases the trace width of the ground connection.

The fun starts at a trace width of 0.00591 (0.15mm) routing two traces through the gap between two IC pins using the same layer. The distance between traces and pads is 0.15875mm (plenty of room).

Don't try to make a good layout with your laser printer. It takes a gerber photoplotter to do this.

Hans

Boncuk said:
I imagine it doesn't make much sense to have the signal traces 0.03 and a single ground trace of 0.02. That way he increases the trace width of the ground connection.

Hans

Yes, but there is such a thing as a ground loop. John

using LM837 op amps

running duel power supply
pins 3,5,10,12 all grounded.
have power plug at one end, ground traces on outside edges(12+ & 12- run between) at pin 3 (12) I exit, connect to resistors then re enter under the chip via pin 5 (12) continue on to next chip (6 all in a row)
at end of row I connected the 2 grounds together as well as at the power plug end.
Maybe insert a couple of caps at the end (between 12+ to grd and 12- to grd.
a REAL ground loop.
If I figure out how to get a pic of the pcb layout I will post.

I agree that such small traces would not work or be iffy on a laser printer. A laser printer that good may exist but I have not used one.

I run 2 traces between IC pads using an Eagle layout printed on my HP1020. Traces are .01 inch (IIRC). Pulsar shows similar examples on their site.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…