Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Inchworm ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be posts as I did the board (garage version with laser printer to copper board layout) as Bill posted the PCB (Bill is the Blueroom fellow that designed it). Mike K8LH helped me out on it as well.

Search the forums here (not google). Search for ICD2 and inchworm.

inchworm-icd2 PCB

i download the file
Ayne said:
Inchworm%20Assembly%20Instructions
from here **broken link removed**
But there is no PCB in this file.
I want to use Toner transfer method for making PCB.
I need Single Side PCB if some one already made it then help me plzz if he don't mind.

Second!
Is there any mistake in the circuit which is in the above file...

Last edited:
William At MyBlueRoom said:
I'd rather hand wire a small project like the inchworm (that's how I built the prototype) than etch & drill a PCB.

I've been debating selling the blank PCBs, $14 + S&H

You'd still need a way to program the initial 16F877A though.

If you're selling the PCB's (which are really nice quality!) why not sell a pre-programmed 16F877A with it? - that overcomes all the problems really?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
If you're selling the PCB's (which are really nice quality!) why not sell a pre-programmed 16F877A with it? - that overcomes all the problems really?.

I've never been requested. The 16F877A is the single most expensive part in the kit.

The whole thing sells with all the parts sans case for only $39 US, PCB + 16F877A approx $25. Guess I could, thanks for the suggestion Nigel.

How's your Inchworm working?

William At MyBlueRoom said:
I've never been requested. The 16F877A is the single most expensive part in the kit.

The whole thing sells with all the parts sans case for only $39 US, PCB + 16F877A approx $25. Guess I could, thanks for the suggestion Nigel.

If you give the option it's always there for people who don't have access to a programmer, such as a friend with one.

How's your Inchworm working?

I've not had occasion to use it yet, I've been pretty busy with other things lately!.

Attachments

• Inchworm PCB view.gif
    Inchworm PCB view.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 494
Nigel is right on the chip. That is a good idea.

Mike K8LH sent me one programmed.

Ayne, load it in a graphic program and flip it to black and white, or select the dark green and hit delete. That is what I did.

But for $14 maybe just order one. They are BLUE and professionally done.

mramos1 said:
Ayne, load it in a graphic program and flip it to black and white, or select the dark green and hit delete. That is what I did.
it did not work..
the picture is not in only two colors

mramos1 said:
But for $14 maybe just order one. They are BLUE and professionally done.

I live in Pakistan here 1$ = 60 rupees approx, it is not easy for paying for a student.
And the second is shiping problem therefore i can't buy.

Ayne, you should fill in your location in the profile.

I Bill does not have one, I will find the one I converted post it.

RAJ.MIRK said:
Dear Ayne,
Did u test the ICD2 PCB is it working fine ant lesson ;learnet etc ?
Please share.
regards,

Why not thousands of people working with that ICD2 including me.

Its Working superbly.No need to check it again it has been checked by many engineers around the world.

Just get a PCB or the whole kit from blueroomelectronics.

I am interested in knowing that ,is it working with latest version of MPLab IDE?
secondly the software that is hex dump for it can be used from latest MPLAB IDE .Well any one having all the Gerber files for the PCB, all layers. Lastly if I have to refer it to all the electronic enthu in my country can i tell them about it by writing an article. Any legal issues .I will request blueroomelectronics to give me permission to use their PCB in my article.
regards,

Icd 2:reply

DEAR WILLIAM AT MY BLUE ROOM,

1. Please tell if you can share the gerber files of inchworm icd2 pcb.

2. Actually i tried to get the pcb made using your pdf file but the track width and pads around drill holes are very thin they just vanish with the lowest drill availabe with us.

3. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back