Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB layout for This Security Alarm....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shubhamjain_007

can anyone help me with the PCB layout of this circuit ( see attachement scan0005.jpg) ,, i have tried to make it with one of the cad software and made it also but the problem is that i have placed wires too close to each other and have taken wire thickness very less ,, so everything jst became confusing ,, i have attached that also View attachment My Layout1.zip ,, Pls can some one help me in this ,, I shall be really thankful ,, the circuit is quite simple for a experienced one ,,

shubhamjain_007 said:
can anyone help me with the PCB layout of this circuit ( see attachement View attachment 18597) ,, i have tried to make it with one of the cad software and made it also but the problem is that i have placed wires too close to each other and have taken wire thickness very less ,, so everything jst became confusing ,, i have attached that also View attachment 18598 ,, Pls can some one help me in this ,, I shall be really thankful ,, the circuit is quite simple for a experienced one ,,

It shouldn't be too difficult to make this PCB, But there is an Error on the schematic.
The Transformer Requires a Center Tapped output, going to ground. Either that or replace it with a 12 volt wall adapter.

shubhamjain_007 said:
can anyone help me with the PCB layout of this circuit ( see attachement View attachment 18597) ,, i have tried to make it with one of the cad software and made it also but the problem is that i have placed wires too close to each other and have taken wire thickness very less ,, so everything jst became confusing ,, i have attached that also View attachment 18598 ,, Pls can some one help me in this ,, I shall be really thankful ,, the circuit is quite simple for a experienced one ,,

One of the software-- somewhere some how---- how to help unless you help yourself Jain!
Many of the software have facility to en-block increase the track width. But you did not indicate the software used. Instead of attaching a zipped .doc file , better attach the zipped files of the sch and PCB layout.
some one who may have same software may mod it and help you.

mvs sarma said:
One of the software-- somewhere some how---- how to help unless you help yourself Jain!
Many of the software have facility to en-block increase the track width. But you did not indicate the software used. Instead of attaching a zipped .doc file , better attach the zipped files of the sch and PCB layout.
some one who may have same software may mod it and help you.

thanks mr. sarma for your concern ,, atleast there are few people in this forum who care to help others ,, but now i have realised that there is no place here for a Newbie ,, afterall who is going to take the pain to make a pcb layout for me ,, no one ,, its true ,,, really disappointed :( ,, anyways bye bye this forum and "THE EXPERIENCED MEMBERS"

enjoy your experience...........
:(

shubhamjain_007 said:
thanks mr. sarma for your concern ,, atleast there are few people in this forum who care to help others ,, but now i have realised that there is no place here for a Newbie ,, afterall who is going to take the pain to make a pcb layout for me ,, no one ,, its true ,,, really disappointed :( ,, anyways bye bye this forum and "THE EXPERIENCED MEMBERS"

Why on earth to you expect people to do your work for you?, designing a PCB isn't a 5 minute job, try checking what it would cost you to have it done professionally!.

These forums aren't a free design service, they are to advise and help people who start off by trying to help themselves.

shubhamjain_007 said:

enjoy your experience...........
:(

LOL bye bye, good luck. Try electronics-lab ;)

Nigel Goodwin said:
Why on earth to you expect people to do your work for you?, designing a PCB isn't a 5 minute job, try checking what it would cost you to have it done professionally!.

These forums aren't a free design service, they are to advise and help people who start off by trying to help themselves.

Hey Super Moderator don't you think i have first tried to do my work myself and when i failed then only i came to you people ,,

Help yourself but how ?? as being a software engineer i don't know much abut electronic circuits, still i have to make it for certain reasons,, although its correct that this forum is not a free design service ,, soon will find someone who would rather do it professionaly for me .......

"Electronics for you" projects look like something from the 1970s. Why even bother laying out a PCB for such a basic circuit, just breadboard it.

blueroomelectronics said:
"Electronics for you" projects look like something from the 1970s. Why even bother laying out a PCB for such a basic circuit, just breadboard it.

Its very easy for you that doesn't means it is easy for everyone ,, that circuit is simple i know but the problem i am facing is in NE555 Ics there pins shown in the circuit is not of the order 1234 5678 ,, then how to connect wires ,, they are intersecting at many points ,, and the no. of components is also more so everything is just soooo confusing ,, jut want something bigger and clearer

Then start with something more basic, a single 555 flashing an LED should be pretty straight forward. The 555 is the most popular IC ever made, you should be able to find lots of assembly tips with Google.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

shubhamjain_007 said:
Its very easy for you that doesn't means it is easy for everyone ,, that circuit is simple i know but the problem i am facing is in NE555 Ics there pins shown in the circuit is not of the order 1234 5678 ,, then how to connect wires ,, they are intersecting at many points ,, and the no. of components is also more so everything is just soooo confusing ,, jut want something bigger and clearer

hi,
Redo and repost your pcb zip file of the work you have done so far.:)

The earlier zip is faulty.

blueroomelectronics said:
Then start with something more basic, a single 555 flashing an LED should be pretty straight forward. The 555 is the most popular IC ever made, you should be able to find lots of assembly tips with Google.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

hey in that picture bredboard is used but i need to make that on PCB and i have studied 555 but how to connect it on PCB without letting the wires to get shorted ??,, can u tell me onething that the 555 ic i have bought from the market is NE555N so can u tell me the order of pin numbers because in Eagle layout editor professional NE555N pins are given as 2 4 5 1(top to bottom at left side of IC) 8 6 7 3 (bottom to top at right side of IC)

and @ ericgibbs .... THE ZIP FILE IS NOT FAULTY i have rechecked it

In the schematic capture they might be that way. You have to click the icon to make a board, then drag the parts on the board and auto-route it.

Make a single sided board and use jumpers if needed.

Did you upload your Eagle schematic? The layout1.zip is corrupt when I pull it.

mramos1 said:
Did you upload your Eagle schematic? The layout1.zip is corrupt when I pull it.

Hi shubhamjain_007,

Are we both wrong.?

Hai, Jain,
Don't ever make this circuit. It has many presumptions which are not realistic. for example,

1. thinking that neutral and earth are at the same potential. Imagine in case the power supply transformer is away from user building. the Phase and neutral leads will both have some drop of voltage. (may I call it voltage drop=IR loss). At huge currents, the voltage drop on neutral wire is itself sufficient to damage the diodes in series with output pins of the Timers, and eventually damage the 555 chips even.
2. As already pointed out, the secondary of the transformer should have been with centre tap and with connection to C1 -ve side.

The layout zip file attached is incidentally readable, being a .doc file.To be able to serve you , a member has to fully re-do the entire job, which i fear is not expected of us. Of course, you could seek clarification - on eagle how to increase the track width. Probably help file can clear your doubt.

Last edited:
I had no trouble with the zip file. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13, Winzip 11.1, and Word 2003.

Sarma is correct. It assumes that earth and neutral are independent. It also assumes there is no GFCI (RCD) on the circuit. And, if the line and neutral are incorrectly wired, it's likely to cause injury, fire, or death.

mneary said:
I had no trouble with the zip file. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13, Winzip 11.1, and Word 2003.

Sarma is correct. It assumes that earth and neutral are independent. It also assumes there is no GFCI (RCD) on the circuit. And, if the line and neutral are incorrectly wired, it's likely to cause injury, fire, or death.

They are different in sense, the earth is a connection to ground at user premises, while neutral is grounded by the public mains distribution system at the distribution transformer.

@mramos1: please extract on desk top with win zip and you would be able to open by MSword.

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:
@mramos1: please extract on desk top with win zip and you would be able to open by MSword.

hi Sarma,
I am doing just that, ie; Desktop, MSWord.... the unzipper reports 1 failed open. The doc file is empty.!

Any chance you could post the extracted files from your end, I would like to see them.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back