Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB layout problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnl69 said:
Q1, D=0.00, G=7.40, S=0.00
Q2, D=0.00. G=0.00, S=0.00
Q3, D=0.00, G=8.50, S=0.00

This is when connected to a 9v battery (pp3)
Those measurements don't make much sense.

According to the schematic, the drain of Q1 is connected directly to the gate of Q3. But you show Q1 drain at zero volts and Q3 gate at 8.5 volts.

Something isn't right there.

And, if SW3 is closed, it is hard to see how the gate of Q1 could be at 7.4 volts. SW3 should connect it directly to ground. Are you sure SW3 is closed?

Likewise, it is hard to see how the gate of Q2 could be at zero volts if SW2 is open. Are you sure SW2 is open?

Mike

mike50 said:
Those measurements don't make much sense.

According to the schematic, the drain of Q1 is connected directly to the gate of Q3. But you show Q1 drain at zero volts and Q3 gate at 8.5 volts.

Something isn't right there.

And, if SW3 is closed, it is hard to see how the gate of Q1 could be at 7.4 volts. SW3 should connect it directly to ground. Are you sure SW3 is closed?

Likewise, it is hard to see how the gate of Q2 could be at zero volts if SW2 is open. Are you sure SW2 is open?

Mike

Ok when I use a different meter I get a different reading:confused:

Q1, D=0.00, G=0.02, S=0.02
Q2, D=6.85, G=8.95, S=8.95
Q3, D=0.00, G=0.02, S=6.85

johnl69 said:
Ok when I use a different meter I get a different reading:confused:

Q1, D=0.00, G=0.02, S=0.02
Q2, D=6.85, G=8.95, S=8.95
Q3, D=0.00, G=0.02, S=6.85

You may have to take any measurement referring the DMM black lead (COM) to the source pins of Q1 and Q3 ( you marked 0V )on the schematic.

the set of readings should refer to various logical states of sw1, sw2 and sw3. Naturally there would be 9 different states . Even if we are not interested in the cases where SW1 is OFF, there would be 4 states. For all the 4 states, we need the voltages t Gate and drain of Q1 and Q3 and Gate,Drain and Source of Q2.

results appear absurd in the sense, Q3 source can never get any voltage as it is at 0V line always.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back