Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB with parallel traces to mount current sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbledehoy

Let me start off by saying that I have virtually no experience working with electronics. So, I'm sure one of you will be able to answer my simple querry. Basically I have been asked to mount a set of 4 amplifiers in a 19" rack mount. The output voltage from these amplifiers then runs through the following current sensors...

http://www.lem.com/inet/datashee.nsf/0/4132B95A933AABC1C12570D0005D95D2/$file/hy+5_25-P+e.pdf

Right now these current sensors are simply strapped to the side of the amplifiers using plastic ties. I want to tidy things up a bit and stick these current sensors on PCBs that are secured to the rack base. Can I buy PCBs that just have parallel copper traces already etched in? Ideally these boards would be as small as possible given the size of the current sensors. Or is there a single board i could use to attach all three? I know this is a newbish post, but any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

There are, however, the >15A that the current sensor measures is probably too much current for a generic PCB. Also, generic boards have 0.100" spacing between the holes. YOur device pins seems to not follow multiples of 0.100" that which will be problem.

Hmmm... ok, good to know. The important thing here is just to find some simple way to mount the sensor to the rack base. Any ideas?

Board

Perhaps drill your own wooden boards and connect the pin with regular wires (choosing the gauge as needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back