Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCD8544 LCD Driver, How to choose Bias Voltage,Vop and Temperature Coefficient ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMike

Hey everyone.

I'm trying to figure out how to use a nokia 5110 lcd which uses the PCD8544 controller.
Datasheet here.

After reading the datasheet I can't seem to understand what are the Temperature Coefficient/Bias Voltage/Vop.
How do I choose their values and what do they do ?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

I did post the datasheet, check the "Datasheet here" link above.

The page concerning the temperature is: 10.
The page concerning the bias voltage is: 15 & 16.
The page concerning Vop is: 16

Must of not seen the link on my mobile phone.

One at a time: temperature I you ever used an LCD at freezing temps you would realize that the crystals move slower. Now, I would guess that the value chosen would be based on the actual display purchased. It might be a trial and error thing and best done at the lower temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back