Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI-E Connector in Cadsoft Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFDuval

Hello!

I need to use some 164 contacts PCI-Express connectors for a project. Before creating one in Eagle, I tought I could ask here if someone already have one?

asking for eagle libs is like an internet 'taboo' or something - if anyone has the library, they're not likely to share it with you.

you could try asking over at sparkfun's forums - lots of eagle users busy designing pcbs

https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewforum.php?f=20

justDIY said:
asking for eagle libs is like an internet 'taboo' or something - if anyone has the library, they're not likely to share it with you.

Hello!

I don't understand why it should be taboo. I'm in favor of sharing every development I do. If someone need a library I've done, I'll give it to him with a smile!

Hello!

I did the library I needed. You can download it at:

**broken link removed**

It will appear on the Download section of Cadsoft.de in a few days.

Enjoy!

PCI to Parallel

Hello

Does anyone have a conversion table for PCI direct connect to parallel pinout for custom card.

Pin#1 on Parallel port = Pin#? on PCI card edge
Pin#2 on "" "" = Pin#? on PCI card edge
Pin#3 ..... etc, etc.

Thanks

PCI-e X1

Hi,

I wanted to ask if someone has come accross the PCI-e X1 connector and pcb edge connector (fingers).

I wanted to try a design I am planning / thinking, and want to try and make my own 2 sided pcb (or single side if possible).

I found the X16, but just need the X1 :)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Btw, does anyone know how I will be able to make the pcb "free form" so that later, if I am unable to cut the pcb correctly, I can just send it to a pcb house to have it done.

I am eager to try out a few things, and I need some or plenty ;) of help to achieve what I would like to do.

Thank you in advance to anyone able to help me.

p.s. Have I mentioned I just need a simple two-sided version, not layers? ;) :eek:

p.s.2 Just curious, can PCI-e work on a single side? or does it need both sides of the connectors for X1? I haven't fully read everything yet on the specification, but found a couple of I.C.'s that seem possible to do on a single layer, that is why I am asking. I just hate doing "via's" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back