PCI-E Connector in Cadsoft Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFDuval

Hello!

I need to use some 164 contacts PCI-Express connectors for a project. Before creating one in Eagle, I tought I could ask here if someone already have one?

Eagle CON-AMP lib has PCI card edge patterns, check there if you have not.

justDIY said:
asking for eagle libs is like an internet 'taboo' or something - if anyone has the library, they're not likely to share it with you.

Hello!

I don't understand why it should be taboo. I'm in favor of sharing every development I do. If someone need a library I've done, I'll give it to him with a smile!

Hello!

I did the library I needed. You can download it at:

**broken link removed**

It will appear on the Download section of Cadsoft.de in a few days.

Enjoy!

PCI to Parallel

Hello

Does anyone have a conversion table for PCI direct connect to parallel pinout for custom card.

Pin#1 on Parallel port = Pin#? on PCI card edge
Pin#2 on "" "" = Pin#? on PCI card edge
Pin#3 ..... etc, etc.

Thanks

PCI-e X1

Hi,

I wanted to ask if someone has come accross the PCI-e X1 connector and pcb edge connector (fingers).

I wanted to try a design I am planning / thinking, and want to try and make my own 2 sided pcb (or single side if possible).

I found the X16, but just need the X1

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Btw, does anyone know how I will be able to make the pcb "free form" so that later, if I am unable to cut the pcb correctly, I can just send it to a pcb house to have it done.

I am eager to try out a few things, and I need some or plenty of help to achieve what I would like to do.

Thank you in advance to anyone able to help me.

p.s. Have I mentioned I just need a simple two-sided version, not layers?

p.s.2 Just curious, can PCI-e work on a single side? or does it need both sides of the connectors for X1? I haven't fully read everything yet on the specification, but found a couple of I.C.'s that seem possible to do on a single layer, that is why I am asking. I just hate doing "via's"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…