Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pen and pad receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollsville

Hello there,

New to this forum, so thank you for your time in advance.

I am a complete novice when it comes to engineering and building electronics but i was hoping some more experienced people could point me in the direction of what i might need.

I am looking to create something a little unusual. I have a need for building an electronic piece of equipment into an ordinary 'folio' style writing pad. I need to have a way of having someone or indeed myself write on the pad of paper whilst at the same time the information i am writing is transmitted to someone else on a small LED of somekind they can conceal in their pocket. I am assuming up to this stage that there would need to be some sort of electronic panel in the back of the pad that reads the pressure of the pen and then i would need this device to transmit that to the receiver in the person's pocket. And in all likely hood there would need to be a special pen as well. I'm assuming this is possible i just wouldn't have the first clue where to start. The way the device is secretly built into the pad properly at this point is neither here nor there, but at the minute i just need a device that when written on with a pen with normal paper on top will trasmit the information being written to the wireless receiver.

Also the pen, which, if it does need to be 'special', i would still need to write with normal ink on the paper.

I'm sorry if i have made a hap-hazard way of explaining what i need, but i hope there is someone that could point me to what i need, and i would be most grateful.

Thanks very much,

Ollie

Last edited:
I've heard of these things. A pad that reads handwriting, inputs it to a computer that can then send it to the internet and have a Bluetooth or something download it. Am I on the right track?

It could work like that, but i need it to work on the spot. No computers available, anywhere anytime, just a sender and a receiver if that's possible .

Will this be in Las Vegas?:D

Just kidding. I don't have a clue how to do that, but I might have helped clarify your request to the whiz kids on this site. Wait a bit and see if a braniac comes along to help.

Is this to allow cheating on tests?

aha... no not at all, i haven't done tests for years haha. No, i am a professional magician and it would come in useful as a utility device.

aha... no not at all, i haven't done tests for years haha. No, i am a professional magician and it would come in useful as a utility device.
Aha, one of your secrets revealed.

So do you envision displaying the info on something like a small X-Y graphic LCD?

The pen might work with a small 2-axis accelerometer built in to detect the pen tip movements and then translate that to the display. I believe position is the second integral of the acceleration. That way you wouldn't need a special tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back