Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Penmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrienne

I'm at the very least trying to find a list of components required for creating an RF micro-transmitter.

It must fit inside a pen. The inner diameter of the pen is 6 mm all the way through, and 6 inches long excluding the tip. Instead of holding a microphone or anything like that I just want it to send a brief peek signal picked up by a reciever on my laptop, so every time i hit the clicker the remote counter increases.

I know how to solder, I have money, etc, but i need help.

Last edited:
Yipes! You might have to relay your requirements a bit. I have a tire gage that uses #393 batteries and it's about a cm OD.

I'll give you a couple of links to ponder: **broken link removed**

USB Bluetooth modules may be small enough if the connector is removed but you'd need a processor with a USB interface.

You failed to mention range and whether or not the pen has to work.

Does the Laptop have anything to do with it or is it just a small receiver. # of digits to count?

I had a small LCD counter which was purchased and contained a battery source that operated stand alone. Battery life was estimated at 10 years. Just another thing to add. It just required a contact closure to count.

I just like to throw out some things to have a place to start. I'll see if I can locate a counter. An example counter: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/01/01018.pdf

Last edited:
Without knowing anything about the receiver (frequency, modulation type, etc) on your laptop, a transmitter design to interact with it in any meaningful way is a shoot in the dark.

You'll be surprised what they will put into a pen. 2.0 MP, (20f/s), Spy Camcorder Pen - Spy Pen and more / Body Worn Camera Bear in mind this may be able to be used as a cadaver.
Wow thats a lot in one pen. I said it would be hard not inposible but can you try to make one? Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back