petentiometer knob connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vajeeh

i need to connect a rotary rheostat's knob to a horizontally rotating wooden rod . the rod is about half an inch in diameter and my total required range of motion is about 110 degrees.
how do i connect the pontentiometers knob to the end of the rod?

vajeeh said:
i need to connect a rotary rheostat's knob to a horizontally rotating wooden rod . the rod is about half an inch in diameter and my total required range of motion is about 110 degrees.
how do i connect the pontentiometers knob to the end of the rod?

Guess it depends on the pot's shaft type, flat, spindled etc... You could try gluing a tube over the pot, then gluing another tube over this, then a tube over both the pot's tube assembly then over the shaft, quick and dirty. Or, buy a knob for your pot, add a rod through the knob, add a rod through the shaft, (90 degrees to the angle of rotation) and connect those two together. Like two levers attached to eachother.

Theres so many ways, how about fitting a wheel to the pots shaft, and a wheel to the drive shaft and then attaching these two wheels faces' together? Or use cogs, because then you could change the turn ratio (2:1, most pots have a 270 degrees rotation)...or a drive pully using a drive belt...the possibilities are endless

Good luck.

Blueteeth.

the two levers thing sounds interesting. i hadn't thought of that.
thanks mon.
i'm going to try superglue first. if that doesn't work then i'll try something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…