Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

peugeot motorscooter problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

speciess

Hi there amigos...i have one peugeot elystar motorscooter which i guess the ecu is terminated and i do a lot a work to separate the electronic board from that foam.
Now...what think can tell me the processor is dead?and also i have one electronic component in the board i can not indentify.i try to upload a photo if somebody will help me :(
the blue component is one mister for me...

Attachments

• IMG_5575.JPG
    IMG_5575.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 195
It may be a symptom of other faults too (The failure of the coil is most likely caused by the failure of another part). You'll have to clean more of the foam off to see better and maybe spot other burnt parts. The problem is that not all failed components will appear burnt. The copper coloured area next to the coil may indicate heat damage unless you scraped that bit bare when cleaning the foam off. What does the other side of the PCB look like?

Last edited:
It may be a symptom of other faults too (The failure of the coil is most likely caused by the failure of another part). You'll have to clean more of the foam off to see better and maybe spot other burnt parts. The problem is that not all failed components will appear burnt. The copper coloured area next to the coil may indicate heat damage unless you scraped that bit bare when cleaning the foam off. What does the other side of the PCB look like?

Thx for reply...today i will work to remove all the foam.i will upload also the other side of the PCB where i find one blowed diode right in the opossite part of the coil

Attachments

• IMG_55834.jpg
    IMG_55834.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 178
where i find one blowed diode right in the opossite part of the coil
It looks more like a capacitor to me. Usually a SMD diode will have some sort of a marking code on it or a line drawn at one end to indicate the cathode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back