Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krenzo

I want to implement a phase detector in a circuit, and from my understanding it will generate a square wave that is proportional to the phase difference between the two inputs. How do I go about converting the square wave output into a constant voltage for feeding into an ADC? My electronics knowledge is very limited.

A low pass filter is all you need - check application notes at MicroChip about using PWM for digital to analogue conversion, which is what you're doing.

Thanks for the responses. Nigel, that's exactly what I was looking for.

on1aag, I have been looking over PLL datasheets and did see that they would output a voltage like I wanted. However, I noticed that only those that operate around < 10 MHz offer that. All of the higher frequency ones just output the XOR pulses of the two frequencies. This is just from me looking through the DigiKey catalog. I'll most likely just go with the lower end PLL to get comfortable with what I'm trying to do at lower frequencies, and then I can evaluate if I really need the higher frequency.

i want to build up a circuit that function as phase shift detection......
could any body help plzzzz
i need some information for my project
thnx

Last edited:
i want to build up a circuit that function as phase shift detection......
could any body help plzzzz
i need some information for my project
thnx
Please don't hijack this thread. For your question, please start a new one.

I hav a rectangular wave. how to get a dc voltage output equal to its average value? plz giv me the circuit diagram...

I am really sorry for asking my question in ur thread, but I could not start a new thread as I am new... and I need to know it badly :(

Is the wave PWM?
Constant frequency varying pulse width?
Varying frequency? if so, what is highest and lowest frequency?
Constant amplitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back