Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips VCR VR355 - Channel selector - Not a project, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
There is a PHILIPS VCR VR355 some 18 or 20 (?) years old that besides playing/recording, had been used to select TV cable channels (more than 100 of them) which sent through ch 3 or 4 to an old TV set, still working quite well.

Two days ago, the unhappy owner, my brother, told me that due to a catastrophic mechanical failure the VCR is not longer loading the cassete thus making impossible to select the channel to be watched. I've learnt that, surprisingly, the "cassette loaded" condition was necessary for the VCR to display current cable channel allowing further slelection through the remote control.

In present condition, if the VCR is turned on, it will display whatever channel was selected but just for about 10 seconds. Later, the display becomes blank and no selection is possible through the remote control. TV set gets no signal at all.

He is asking me to enable the channel selection part permanently, keeping the cassete section, out of the way.

My experience with VCRs is null but with a minimal guidance I would like trying to keep the channel selection up and running.

Enlightening help appreciated. Whatever I found by Googling is so ample that I feel it too much to digest, just for the above.

Gracias.

Agustín Tomás

Problem solved

Wrong use of Mode control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back