Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phone tap detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are on a digital exchange, and the 'tap' is being performed at the exchange, no.

If you are talking about a 'bug' on your line, unless it is a very crude bug that loads the line a lot, then also no.

The line characteristics between yourself and the exchange vary so much that the minor loading on your line is going to be undetectable. And that assumes you have a copper pair all the way back to the exchange. You might be connected to a pair-gain unit at your telegraph pole (bad luck if you are - I used to design that bit :eek:)

Mike.

I'm not sure how these bugs would work but I remember having a rf meter that was used to measure signals from ham radio and cb.
It used no batteries ,just an antennae.
If you had a rf bug on your phone or anywhere else an rf meter tuned to the correct frequency should detect it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back