Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pi16f84A

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsegish

Hello there!

I'm trying to reach you from far- AFRICA
tried lots of stuffs from the web to programme my PIC16F84A microcontroller.
i used the JDM serial programmer via the DB9 connector
the loader softwares(WINPIC & ICPROG )always returned error "programming failed at 000h"
the hard ware part was perfect since it initialized successfully. i also used my multimeter to confirm that.
but as it starts to program the config word it fails.the config word had no error WDT off & CP off
please help.

fisseha

programmer for pic

please try another pic programmer for this chip .in winpic select the device as 16f84a then the device configuration select the device bit and the *option mode
select use SMPORT driver(slow but reliable) *interface mode interface type jdm 2programmer for serial port and also check the com port no. then reload the hex/binary file for programming the code into the chip

rahi2k4--india

Last edited:
thanks rahi2k4
but i,ve been using peter bruning's software and programmer,which i no longer have it.there it configures RB6 & RB7 ports as inputs in page 1 prior to sending any kind of data. all other softwares say nothing about these pins except explaining data is sent to the pic via these pins.
what can you tell me about that?
by the way i have tried the Michel Covington's NOPPP with parallel port but with same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back