Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16f84a programming for digital rain gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_dausss

someone help me...
for the summary of the project i use PIC 16f84a and using LCD and only one sensor input to the PIC...

operation:
*first the input is come from reed switch which i connect to the RA2 (leg number 1)
*other connection of the PIC and the LCD has been set and no need to worry..=)
*then my problem is how to write the program using MicroCode Studio?
*please someone help me...

Not enough information about what you can do and I would rather see a schematic.

By "NOT TO WORRY" do you mean you have the LCD wired and have code working that can write to the display?

All you have to do is count the number of debounced switch closures. The rest is simple math. But you either have to calibrate the software to the physical bucket or adjust the physical buckets to tip on a specific amount of water.

See the links in the post about buckets for calibartion.

someone help me...
for the summary of the project i use PIC 16f84a and using LCD and only one sensor input to the PIC...

operation:
*first the input is come from reed switch which i connect to the RA2 (leg number 1)
*other connection of the PIC and the LCD has been set and no need to worry..=)
*then my problem is how to write the program using MicroCode Studio?
*please someone help me...

Not enough information about what you can do and I would rather see a schematic.

By "NOT TO WORRY" do you mean you have the LCD wired and have code working that can write to the display?

All you have to do is count the number of debounced switch closures. The rest is simple math. But you either have to calibrate the software to the physical bucket or adjust the physical buckets to tip on a specific amount of water.

See the links in the post about buckets for calibartion.
3vO thank a lot for your replies...

i give you the link about the schematic diagram..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7406689@N06/2877383923/

'not to worry' i mean the circuit and wiring is already been done and the only problem i face is how to do the programming in the microcode studio so i can compile the program in hex. file and download it in the PIC16F84A...

i know that the program is simple and i try to write it by referring to other programming and the data sheet but it give a lot of error because i just guessing what should i write...

yes you are right about counting the the switch each time it close and i have no problem building the bucket...

hope you can provide some data about the programming and how to write the program...

*sorry for the broken English....hope you understand what i try to say....thanks...

Last edited:
FIrst DO NOT PM ME asking for help. I need to sleep too.

I can only give you some general advice as I do not code in basic and do not want to install microcode studio. The key is to do one step at a time.

First get a simple program to compile and run. I would put a resistor & LED on an unused IO pin and just get it to blink.

Next I would try to add the code to run the LCD display. Writting "Hello World" to it is a classic thing to do. The compiler should have a library with function to use the LCD. But you have to tell it how the pins are used/connected.

Next write a program the counts switches (reed switch & reset) closures and displays the counts on the LCD.

At this point you have all the IO done. Just add code to convert the bucket counts to inches and you are nearly done.

Hope that helps.

3vO thank a lot for your replies...

i give you the link about the schematic diagram..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7406689@N06/2877383923/

'not to worry' i mean the circuit and wiring is already been done and the only problem i face is how to do the programming in the microcode studio so i can compile the program in hex. file and download it in the PIC16F84A...

i know that the program is simple and i try to write it by referring to other programming and the data sheet but it give a lot of error because i just guessing what should i write...

yes you are right about counting the the switch each time it close and i have no problem building the bucket...

hope you can provide some data about the programming and how to write the program...

*sorry for the broken English....hope you understand what i try to say....thanks...

I am also looking for digital rain gauge

the schematic u provided is it working? I am looking for as the water level goes up..it should show me with increasing the reading in display?

also this doesnot talk about what is the machanisum used for the out door unit (I mean where the water is collected really?)

I am looking for complete end to end solution for this.

Thanks guru's for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back