Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16F873 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevinbabu

Hello everyone!!!
I wanted to use PIC 16F873 in my project.
Could anyone suggest me a burning circuit and the programmer
for burning hex files into the PIC? I do not intend to buy any kit and
want to develop the burning circuit myself.Please help.

I'd really recommend the PICKit 2. It's cheap, made by the people that make PIC's, and it comes assembled.

**broken link removed**

$34.95 From Microchip, and $12 shipping to anywhere in the world

Included in this package is the PICkit 2 Programming Software, an A to mini-B USB cable, lessons for programming PICmicro MCUs etc

Just because everyone is throwing around their suggestions, I'll give my two cents: I got the $12 serial PIC programmer from SparkFun. You might also want to pick up a 3-pin oscillator from their site if the PIC you plan on using only supports external oscillation.

Beginners should start at least with a chip that has enough features to have an onboard oscilator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back