PIC - 8080 or 6800 family ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
i would like to know, to which family does PIC controllers belong to ? 8080 or 6800 ?
i need this information to interface a 18f4550 to a 320x240 graphical lcd based on sed1330 controller..

anyone who had already interfaced a pic with sed133x based glcd please help..

hi,
i would like to know, to which family does PIC controllers belong to ? 8080 or 6800 ?

Neither, it's a PIC, a completely different device which bears no resemblance to either of those antiques.

I don't see any connection to programming a graphic LCD either?, but if you search this forum there have been plenty of PIC examples.

Hey

I've seen a few lcd-controller datasheets that have two different interface modes, the 8080 and the 6800, this is probably the same.

You can use any of the two, you just have to imitate the signals of the one you choose. Read the datasheet and pick the one that seems the most straight forward.

I have a sed1330 with an 18F4550 and use 8080 mode. It's an interface specification.

Last edited:
I've seen a few lcd-controller datasheets that have two different interface modes, the 8080 and the 6800, this is probably the same.
8080 is little-endian. 6800 is big-endian. Could that be what they're getting at?

I very much prefer big-endian, but it really isn't a big deal to get used to either way.

I've always used the SED1335 (S1d13305) in 8080 mode. Theres differences in the pin functions on the SED. Ultimately, you can use either, but 8080 is just easier for general interfacing, whether it be to your PC's parallel port, or a PIC. I only know this now because I've just made an FPGA clone of the SED (as the chip is expensive, and has 'issues').

Blueteeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…