Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC ADC Music Visualizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh0therside

I've been looking into making a simple audio visualizer using a microcontroller and I have a few questions. I have done several projects just using basic pin functions and stuff like that but I have no experience with analog digital converters. Ideally, I would just connect a stereo audio plug to the device, do all the analysis in a single IC (PIC16F887 for now) and then use the output to drive some LEDs. I don't want to get into frequency analysis or anything, some sort of beat detection by volume would be ideal. Does this sound logical or would it be much more complicated? I would appreciate any advice anyone might have regarding where to start, what to read, or anything else.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back