Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic basic pro language, ggod to start or leave it for an other language???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjvh

hi just had a look in pic basic pro language and its comandos for programing
it looks for me verry do able
i have no experiance with programming at all

the main question for me now is do i start with this language or is it better/easyer to start with an other language

it's a hobby and not a study for me and i have no intensions to make it my work

Robert-Jan

Hi Robert-Jan,

I use Proton Picbasic for my coding.. I aint got the time or patience for assembler, and Proton does all I need it to. :rolleyes:
If you clicky clicky on the link in my sig, you can find a demo version to see if you like it! :D
The full product has great support, and has been massively reduced in price.

thanks for your reply and i did had a look at the site but the program doesn't suport Vista
i am not aloud to kick vista of my computer (work computer) as a company policy (definetly politics involved in this matter)
so i need somthing that will run on vista

i didn't choose anny language yet it's only that if i put my valuable time in it i want something that i can work with for some time without i run into limitations and have to swich language and learn again

i am not saying i will never do, but learning time will also put a claim on family time and that one is more importand for me

so bringing an offer is not the question but i don't want to spend all my time on offering

Robert-Jan

rjvh said:
thanks for your reply and i did had a look at the site but the program doesn't suport Vista

Robert-Jan

Err, not true!
I run Vista 64 Ultimate, and XP64 on my dualcore AMD64 system, and Proton works flawlessly. The problem used to be that there was no Vista driver for the USB dongle. The release of a Vista driver has sorted this.

I have also tried the software and driver on 32bit Vista Business edition, and again, it works with zero problems.

35 or 76 instructions 1/3 of which are actually used in any code. I also have not the time nor patients for non assembly or bouncing back and forth between whimsical, pay me the middle man, time limited, questionable, focus hogging aspects that have no bearing on the electrical circuit in question.

donniedj said:
35 or 76 instructions 1/3 of which are actually used in any code. I also have not the time nor patients for non assembly or bouncing back and forth between whimsical, pay me the middle man, time limited, questionable, focus hogging aspects that have no bearing on the electrical circuit in question.

And the relevance to the thread is??? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back