Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC doesnt Program correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepa

Hello all

I was using this PIC16F877A chip and it would program correcty using WinPicProg.
Today all of a sudden,the chip isnt programming correctly,I am getting verify errors at different locations,every time I try to program it.Alos it wont erase correctly.
I am using the same board which was till yesterday correctly programming the same chip.I am getting 5v and 13V correctly.
What could be the problem?

Thanks.

sandeepa said:
Hello all

I was using this PIC16F877A chip and it would program correcty using WinPicProg.
Today all of a sudden,the chip isnt programming correctly,I am getting verify errors at different locations,every time I try to program it.Alos it wont erase correctly.
I am using the same board which was till yesterday correctly programming the same chip.I am getting 5v and 13V correctly.
What could be the problem?

The usual cause is the 13V supply, is it from batteries - they could be running low, or if it's from a mains supply it may be marginal, with too much ripple on the supply. A meter could well read 13V, but a scope might show that it's dropping below that.

Tis the season for increased static electricity too. Could you have zapped your PIC? It has happened to me before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back