Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Earrings? Fun jewelry for Christmas gifts to your cherished loved ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analog

This is a very cute set of black PIC Cyber Bug earrings. They are Microchip PIC microcontrollers used in electronics. There's 8 pins on each one and they are 3/8" long. Tiny steel hex beads make up the rest of the design with a total hight of 3/4". This is a great pair of earrings to show your love of electronics or just to be different.

**broken link removed**

:p

LMAO! Look at the item below .... notice anything peculiar? Substitute with some diodes and caps, add a small battery, and you have a "killer" necklace! :eek:

**broken link removed**

As for geeky women, did you notice the link on the right side of that webpage? **broken link removed**

check out these geekettes from girlgeeks.org :( :(
**broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

Now, here are a few sweeties! :) :)
Geekdom does not come natural to them...
apparently they must have to work at it.
**broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

I don't like it when people wear electronic components or have them as keychain things- most of them have lead somewhere on them.

I was once asked by a software engineer (female) for a couple blanking caps for BNC plugs to use a ear-rings.
She fitted these to some of the things which go through the ear piercing holes and voila! rather unusual ear rings.

Note that the BNC caps were silver plated, so she could not be described as "swinging the lead".

JimB

How bad is the lead poisoning problem? I've been working with molten lead for 15 years or so, don't think I'm dying. Anybody know how long it takes, symptoms? I don't were gloves or anything (pants and a T-shirt, idiots... :) ), but I do wash up good before handling food.
Anyway, since the topic came up, and always been a little curious and concerned.

I think it causes dementia and nervous problems among other things (dying outright doesn't seem to happen as far as I know...well eventually but that's pretty heavy.)

In order to suffer the effects of lead poisoning you generally have to ingest it or inhale dust. Mind you some watches with 'forever glow' hands contain radioactive materials. Lead is relativly harmless, as long as it's not allowed to enter the environment in a disolved form which will end up in plant and or animal matter for later consumption.

It says in most of the descriptions that the electronic parts are RoHS compliant and contain no lead.

Now I know what to get the g/f for Christmas:D

regardless of the lead content, jewelry wearers can still react to certain metals and compounds of it. That's why much jewelry is hypoallergenic.

HiTech said:
LMAO! Look at the item below .... notice anything peculiar? Substitute with some diodes and caps, add a small battery, and you have a "killer" necklace! :eek:

**broken link removed**

Haha, if you get a room of them together they could spark gap between noses...

I have to wonder how long that kind of jewelry would last, considering the wire leads to the components wouldn't hold up for long from flexing. Quality jewelry is made from alloys that hold up to physical stress and surface contact to reduce wear. But it's a novel idea anyway.

Lead can be absorbed through the skin, they used to put lead oxide in make up, a life time of wearing it will cause lead poisoning and totally wreck the skin.

I made a pendant out of a 286 processor .It was one of those flat ones with no pins .I thought it looked kind of cool from the bottom where it was gold colored and had traces coming out of it. I had to solder a loop to it.I wanted to drill a hole but couldn't get anything to cut through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back