Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC from 18 family for learners???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

I am learner i want to ask which MC u use for learning purpose from PIC18 family???
Second,
Some one tell me, just order samples to microchip they will send u Micro controllers free... It is right???
They will send me micro controllers free of coast???

In fact i am planning to order these MC units.
Three PIC16F877A,
And one from PIC18XXX family.

Choose an 18F based on the facilities you require - for example some have USB.

MicroChip send free samples, but some countries (or areas) get placed on a banned list for abusing the service - you need to try and see if they will send them you.

If you just want a general purpose 18 pin type to begin with, then I suggest an PIC18F1220-I/P which has 4k of program memory (enough for 2048 instructions).
If you need more memory, the PIC18F1320-I/P has 8K.
These are inexpensive compared to 28 or 40 pin chips if you don't need more than 16 I/O ports or advanced features.

18F4550 is the standard 40-pin USB-enabled PIC. there are also the 4455 and the 4450, which are the same except with less program and data memory, and are thus a bit cheaper.

I suggest you check out the microchip website, they have all their products listed, and you can sort them by categories. (for instance, list only the ones with USB)

And if you're just beginning, don't expect to be using USB any time very soon, it's more of a challenge than you probably realize. If you want to do it, get familiar with PICs in general (if you aren't already), get familiar with programming them in C (if you aren't already) and then go find a good book, article, or tutorial to get you started, and some solid example code.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back