Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC functionality...????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearly

I have a doubt on the PIC funtionality not the technical but regarding the performance..

I have lost number PIC microcontrollers when i tried to pull them back from the ckt...
Later i found the mistake was, power was still supplied to some of the pins when i tried to pull them back....
Y i get lost...???? Wat s the exact reason can anyone clear my doubt plz..??

What is a ckt? (Socket?) If you can't put in some effort to post a decent question don't expect anyone putting effort in to post a decent answer...
(btw. I do understand that English might not be your first language, it's not mine either..maybe I am just miss understanding you..)

Last edited:
What is a ckt? (Socket?) If you can't put in some effort to post a decent question don't expect anyone putting effort in to post a decent answer...
(btw. I do understand that English might not be your first language, it's not mine either..maybe I am just miss understanding you..)

Ckt is common shorthand for "circuit". But it is better to take the time to spell things out here, yes.

Torben

I have a doubt on the PIC funtionality not the technical but regarding the performance..

I have lost number PIC microcontrollers when i tried to pull them back from the ckt...
Later i found the mistake was, power was still supplied to some of the pins when i tried to pull them back....
Y i get lost...???? Wat s the exact reason can anyone clear my doubt plz..??

Hi there! Welcome to the forum.

You have to define "lost". In what way were the chips non-functional?

Remove power from the circuit before you start removing or adding things.

Check your bypass caps. Perhaps they are oversized and you are pulling the chips before the caps have discharged.

Just a few thoughts. :)

Torben

Removing ICs of any description with the power on is a very good way of turning them into useless black boxes.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back