Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur.

Otherwise, it appears you have not been acquainted with none of the NOPPP, David Tait, JDM, SHAER, and the humble AN589 programmers. I spent years with them and wished someone could have gone back in time to force me to "BUY" a PICkit2.

I heard your message. I have come back to force you. I am your someone. Now go "BUY" a PICkit2 so that I may return in time for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
donniedj said:
Otherwise, it appears you have not been acquainted with none of the NOPPP, David Tait, JDM, SHAER, and the humble AN589 programmers. I spent years with them and wished someone could have gone back in time to force me to "BUY" a PICkit2.

Unfortunately the PICKit2 wasn't available back in the days of the programmers you mentioned - not until many years afterwards - and we should all give thanks to David Tait, who probably did more towards making the PIC a force to be reckoned with than anyone else.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Unfortunately the PICKit2 wasn't available back in the days of the programmers you mentioned - not until many years afterwards - and we should all give thanks to David Tait, who probably did more towards making the PIC a force to be reckoned with than anyone else.

When we were first introduced to PIC and searched for programmer- the firstname we came across -- it is David Tait.
then, Bonny Gizen then followed by serial programmers on the name of JDM and foloowed by FENG3 a Japanese design who published it in www.hamradio.in under the name "Multi PIC programmmer"

mvs sarma said:
When we were first introduced to PIC and searched for programmer- the firstname we came across -- it is David Tait.

David Tait is acknowledged as "the father of PIC programmers", most non-processor programmers are based on his original designs, of which he did various types.

Even more amazing, he's not an electronics guy - which is why his first ones used CMOS switches to switch Vdd and Vpp. I don't know if someone told him or not?, but it wasn't long until he changed to PNP transistors instead (as I would have used).

David was (and may welll still be?) actually a lecturer at Manchester University, and I've communicated with him a few times over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back