PIC kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheng_james

hmm I'm kinda curious if there is a simple circuit that i can able to make to put my PIC and have a program on it...

sheng_james said:
hmm I'm kinda curious if there is a simple circuit that i can able to make to put my PIC and have a program on it...

If you want serious with pic, spend your money for a good programmer. I prefer PICKIT2

I concur.

Otherwise, it appears you have not been acquainted with none of the NOPPP, David Tait, JDM, SHAER, and the humble AN589 programmers. I spent years with them and wished someone could have gone back in time to force me to "BUY" a PICkit2.

I heard your message. I have come back to force you. I am your someone. Now go "BUY" a PICkit2 so that I may return in time for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
donniedj said:
Otherwise, it appears you have not been acquainted with none of the NOPPP, David Tait, JDM, SHAER, and the humble AN589 programmers. I spent years with them and wished someone could have gone back in time to force me to "BUY" a PICkit2.

Unfortunately the PICKit2 wasn't available back in the days of the programmers you mentioned - not until many years afterwards - and we should all give thanks to David Tait, who probably did more towards making the PIC a force to be reckoned with than anyone else.

When we were first introduced to PIC and searched for programmer- the firstname we came across -- it is David Tait.
then, Bonny Gizen then followed by serial programmers on the name of JDM and foloowed by FENG3 a Japanese design who published it in www.hamradio.in under the name "Multi PIC programmmer"

mvs sarma said:
When we were first introduced to PIC and searched for programmer- the firstname we came across -- it is David Tait.

David Tait is acknowledged as "the father of PIC programmers", most non-processor programmers are based on his original designs, of which he did various types.

Even more amazing, he's not an electronics guy - which is why his first ones used CMOS switches to switch Vdd and Vpp. I don't know if someone told him or not?, but it wasn't long until he changed to PNP transistors instead (as I would have used).

David was (and may welll still be?) actually a lecturer at Manchester University, and I've communicated with him a few times over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…