Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC mathematics????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbu

I’m new to understanding MCU’s and new to assembly….:eek:

This is regarding the 16F628A chip. In assembly how can I divide two numbers and how can I make a number larger than 256 since this chip is 8 bits?

Thanks

not to dis-credit any persons ability to answer your question here but you may find better support on the Microchip forum.

The microchip forum maybe able to discuss the best way in PIC programming

Jason

There are ASM routines out there for multiplication and division. some PICS (I'm not a pic person so I don't know if yours is one of them) have built in multiplication functions which I think can be used to accelerate division as well? A little bit of research on the net should give you a lot of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back