PIC-MMC-VS1002D-LCD SPI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentken

What is the right way to hook up PIC-MMC-VS1002D-SPI LCD using SPI?

I want to make the MMC output straight to the MP3 Decoder, but also want feed back to the PIC. How is this done?

Thank you
Kent Kenison

kent i tried googling your part but got no results..

Your search - pic MMC-VS1002D - did not match any documents.

It's gonna be a very difficult task, from what I can see.
1. If you are using C, you'll have to roll your own SPI code.
2. MMC involves indeterminate delays. you would have to do a lot of synchronization.
3. Before the data payload is sent, you'll probably have to issue seperate commands to the MMC and MP3 decoder. That will imply they will need to have different clocks and SO lines. But while sending the data payload, they must both share the same clock, and the SI line of the MMC will have to be connected to the SO line of the MP3 decoder.

This is getting messy. Anyway, if you are capable of such a task, you'll probably not be asking this question here. I'd advise you to seek alternative solutions.

To start out:
1. Pic 18F2550
2. MMC Memory Card
3. VS1002D MP3 Decoder
4. Spi Lcd

I didn't even think of the clock line, I don't think it can be toggled when it isn't sending out/in data. I might be wrong though.

I looks like the only way is to read the MMC card then turn around and send it to the decoder.

If there is a better way please let me know.

If I was to hook things up this way, what pin goes to what pin. (I have seen same to same, and In to out)

Thank you
Kent Kenison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…