PIC programmer from kitsrus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfunkie

Hi,

Anyone using the programmers from www.kitsrus.com? Specifically the KIT150?

I just obtained it. However, when i try to load a hex file to the programmer, i get a FUSE error. Anyone knows why this is so?

Regards

jfunkie said:
Hi,

Anyone using the programmers from www.kitsrus.com? Specifically the KIT150?

I just obtained it. However, when i try to load a hex file to the programmer, i get a FUSE error. Anyone knows why this is so?

I've never used one either, but the fuses are the last part to be programmed - so presumably everything else is programmed OK anyway?.

Have you tried reading the chip?, and see what it's programmed to?.

Also, what is the file you are trying to program?.

nope.. unfortunately i can't get the programmer to do anything if the cofig bits are specified in the original program. The only workaround i can use right now is to comment out the config bits and remake the hex file. Only then can i load the file into the programmer's program.

If the PC software won't load a HEX file including config information there's a serious bug in the software!.

How is the config information specified in the source code?.

yup.. got it sorted. There is a bug in the software.. the workaround is to export the hex file from MPLAB. Only then it works! Phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…