Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic Programming Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterb

I'm having trouble finding the all the commands that are used in the programming of a PIC 16F627A/628A. Is there somewhere I can find a more complete list of commands that are used to program PICs?

Last edited:
Currently all the 14bit core PICs like the 16F627A have the same 33 instructions as every other 16F PIC. There are newer ones coming that have 43 instructions.

Download my Firefly manual as it has the 14bit instruction set done in color including the SFRs for the 16F88

For your state machine why not just download and try out PIC BASIC Pro (the free version) much easier than assembly for getting started.

Last edited:
I didn't know I'm totally new to working with microcontrollers. I realized my circuit is gonna have to be edited after thinking about the way the inputs and outputs are wired in my circuit, and I'm gonna have to rip up the current routing on the PCB that I have designed to fix the changes.

Looking over the data sheet for the chip, and I think I got some of the commands, but its the memory registers to use for my simple logic that eludes me. It only uses 2 inputs and 5 outputs, one leading to the relay to the output and 3 LEDs. How would I go about finding what memory registers to use in my program?

Circuit Logic

Upper + Lower = 1; Operation = 1; Warn = 0; Refill = 0
Upper = 0; Lower = 1; Operation = 1; Warn = 1; Refill = 0
Upper = 0; Lower = 0; Operation = 0; Warn = Flashing; Refill =1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back