PIC Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

May some one already have asked this type of question.
But i want to ask again that,
I want to learn programming,
I want to program PIC Microcontrollers.
I already program PIC16F877A in MikroBasic but now i want to program it in C and Assembly language.
But i don't know where to start.
Thing i needed??????
Plz guide me in this way.
Thanks

There aren't any "great" C compilers for the PIC16 series. That family has an instruction set which isn't very C-friendly. The PIC18 series has HtSoft's PICC18 and Microchip's MCC18 compilers which are good. The dsPIC30/33 has Microchip C30 assembly. I should throw in a plug of how awesome the dsPIC33 parts are.

You might want to take a look at the PIC16/18 simulators from Oshonsoft. Not only do they provide a simple to use Assembler and BASIC environment, but the simulator itself emulates the MikroE development board really well. This can save hours of programming chips, because it can all be done on screen (including LCD / GLCD / A to D etc).

They are very very cheap to buy, and a full featured trial version can be gotten from "www.oshonsoft.com".

Last edited:
I don't disagree that MPLABS is the best out there, but for a beginner it's a little daunting, and the PIC16 IDE I mentioned is a breeze to get going with (even I got the hang of it in a few hours), and it emulates his existng MikeoE environment on screen so he won't need to plug the dev board in until the project is fully working .

I use both, and have done for nearly two years now, but for a beginner the Oshonsoft offering is an excellent all round and very visual package, and in conjunction with a good tutorial you never need to even buy a PIC chip to see how they work....

I want learn Microcontroller AT89C51/52 From Atmel,
I Want to Program That Microcontroller But How to Start It ? I'm a beginner in Microcontroller Programming .... Please any body Help me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…