Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC relay control circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post,

i am trying building a circuit that will control two relays and i am not sure if i should use a pic (never done before), or standard components. I need a simple design and a bit of guidance. The circuit would perform as follows:

Relay 1 on 5min

Relay 1 off

Relay 2 on 15min

Relay 2 off 15min

Relay 2 on 15min

Relay 2 off 15min
Repeat

Thank you, any pertinent help or guidance would be appreciated.

It depends on how big the relays need to be, how many of these you want, what voltages you have and a whole load of other things.

A PIC could easily do the control but it needs programming and interfacing to the relays, and it will need a low voltage supply.

An industrial PLC (Programmable logic controller) is easier to programme, would be easier to supply and would probably drive what you need without further interfaces, but might need a more expensive programmer and would cost more.

You could also wire up 2 or three timer relays, but they are also quite expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back