Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cne

Hi,

I am working on a design for a scoreboard using flowcode. I have already made a rough draft of the code for the controller. The controller needs to send data over a couple wires to the remote display unit with large led displays.

My question is, how can I send data over a couple wires, and have it decoded at the other end to interface with led displays. Should I use a serial LED driver chip, or another PIC.

There is scoring, a timer, and period displays.

Each data field, example: Home Score, Guest Score, has it's own variable. The timer's 10's min, 1's min, 10's seconds, and 1's seconds have their own variable.

Thanks,

Cameron

Attachments

• Scoreboard.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 292
Hello, Cameron.

As for your circuit, plan on having a microcontroller at the scoreboard end. This can easily do communications with a host computer and run the displays, including keeping time. A PIC MCU would be simple enough. For wire runs longer than a few feet, use RS485 in the connections. This means you use an LTC1481 IC at both ends of the wire. This will allow comms over hundreds of feet.

Have fun with your project.
ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back