pic simuolator

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can i get a pic simulator like proteus?

There is information on the Proteus mixed-mode simulator with PIC support, including links to pricing and ordering information, here: http://www.labcenter.co.uk/products/picbundle.cfm

Packages which cover individual PIC families are available starting at £150, or you can get the whole shebang for £995 (plus tax and shipping, I imagine).

Note that I haven't actually used this stuff; I just spend 15 seconds on Google searching for it.

Torben

Advanced simulators are not really needed for the hobbyist, a basic simulator to get your code and I/O square waves looking right and a SPICE simulator will do you just as good and won't cost anything.

Advanced simulators are not really needed for the hobbyist, a basic simulator to get your code and I/O square waves looking right and a SPICE simulator will do you just as good and won't cost anything.

I agree completely. For my stuff, a combination of LTSpice and the simulator built into the Keil IDE is more than enough. Well, plus Art of Electronics, paper, pencil, and calculator.

Hey, your .sig reminds reminds me of my .sig. Maybe I should try to find another one I like. You've had yours longer--you have seniority.

Torben

Morning,
I think its all those 'red herrings' which are attracting the cats...

Was just thinking about that the other night Torben, I think I need to use those old creative genes I have in my brain somewhere and come up with something new, and update my picture too. The mysterious eyes are growing a bit old with my tastes, and the signature will have to change to of course.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
But this is the t-shirt I was wearing today.

Seriously though to the original poster. There are several simulators (PIC users please post links?) for various PICS with ASM and C. Once you've used a simulator to validate your code and register/IO interaction you can if needed create a stimulus file for a PIC simulator. Programs like Proteus are for more advanced MCU developers that are looking for quick ways to test behavioral models for obvious errors, and if you ask me it's still not a good idea, there's nothing that will prevent design flaws like knowing your design well enough to know what it's going to do and having enough understanding of electronics to be able to refine the effective circuit when inconsistancies are noticed (and they always will be, even compared with professional software)

Attachments

• test.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…