Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC to TSL230R interface: Heart Rate Detection! Plase Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eppemon

Am using PIC16F877A to detect heart rate. The IC TSL230R (Light to frequency converter) will give the output as frequency variations. The light passing through the finger will reach the light sensing part of the IC and it will give the output as frequency variations. But I don't know how to calculate the heart rate from this.

Please see the attachments I used for study.

Attachments

• tsl230ROximeter.pdf
    303.5 KB · Views: 619
  • TSL230Roximeter2.pdf
    153.5 KB · Views: 675
That looks like fun I need one of them My self doc thinks I smoke but I haven't

I'll put one of them together I have a bunch of TSL230R See if we can see the beat.

This could work I hooked up some hardware to my scope nows time to get the code to read the heart rate
video not the best but you can see how it changes when you put the monitor on .

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some usable data working on some usable math. I'm getting about 76 beats a minute

I started back on this and I have it working! My heart is beating 67 beats a minute and I'm reading 67 beats with a logic tool

So i now no I have the hardware working and some math to plugin back to coding a pic to count them

Last edited:
I have not worked on this in a long time and the code I had I lost thanks to a computer crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back