Pic touch sensor switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ym2k

Hi, i happen to find this on the web.

**broken link removed**

It is a touch sensor IC use for 4 or more touch sensors circuit. It looks simple yet cool. Looking at it carefully, i realise it require a frequency crsytal. So i believe what the chip can do, pic should also be able to handle by writing some software to it. Anyone here had any experience on it and dun mind sharing it with me? I am really interested to find out more about how i can make one using a 16f628a chip! Thanks you!

Hi,
i'm using the QT510 TouchWheel. Great thing. No more ugly buttons and knobs With the 510 there is no need for a crystal. And via SPI the communication with the PIC (can be internally RC-clocked) is easy. The 510 is a circular slider, there is also a straight one (QT410?). You can use it to create a number of keys You like as well as using it as a slider, even at the same time. For the first tries it's recommended to follow the layout in the datasheet.
And it was no problem to get a sample from qprox. After 5 days i had 2 QT510.

BTW: to have the keys/slider really backlit (not from the side) an ITO-coating would be nice. Does anyone know a source for custom ITO-coatings? LEDs following the touching finger would be a bit like StarTrek ... 8)
regards
joachim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…