Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC10F206 any used these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lompa

As some of you may be aware i am trying to use a PIC for servo control, i was looking on the farnel website and came accross this promotonal kit

taken off the we site it says this

Waveform Generation:
A PIC10F microcontroller can take the place of traditional 555 timers, pulse-width modulators (PWMs), remote control encoders, pulse generation, programmable frequency source, resistor-programmable oscillators and much more.

does anyone know wether it will be fairly simple to make a servo controller, eg with buttons on the inputs for left and right control?

or am i better sticking with PIC Basic and a 16f628/16f628a?

thanks

https://uk.farnell.com/jsp/bespoke/.../microchip10F206.jsp&dsource=banner,promo2_10

The PIC10F206 would be perfect for a servo controller. The only problem you might run in to is interfacing more than 2 buttons. The 10F series only have 3 I/O pins and one input only pin. You could get clever with built in comparitor to measure the charge time of a capacitor from several different buttons with different resistance values. That way you could interface a much larger keypad to it.

The 10F would also be very good as a servo motor controller that is commanded by another MCU. Bit bang what you want to the 10F and it will keep track of the servo on its own while the head MCU processes other commands.

The 10F is very nifty but you will have to do some clever circuit design and planning due to its limited I/O space!

according to the data

I/O pins 3
Input only pins 1

does this not mean that would have to use the input only pin, and make one of the I/O pins an input too there for having two inputs?

and i would still have 2 I/O pins left

therefor i could control a servo with 2 push switches as inputs for left and right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back