Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F54

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

Does anybody know of a software programmer that I can use to program the 16F54? None of the programmers in Jay's sticky support it. I got this book and this is the IC that it is using to teach.

Kinda stuck right now :lol:

Have a look at This Site. It doesn't list the 54 as a supported device but has instructions on how to add any that are not listed.

Mike.

zachtheterrible said:
None of the programmers in Jay's sticky support it.

Well, you are a bit wrong about that. I did mention ICD2 "which acts as Universal PIC programmer (uses MPLAB directly) and as PIC Debugger."

zachtheterrible said:
Does anybody know of a software programmer that I can use to program the 16F54? None of the programmers in Jay's sticky support it. I got this book and this is the IC that it is using to teach.

Kinda stuck right now :lol:

No need to be stuck, there's nothing terribly individual about the 16F54, you can use almost any 16 series chip to run the same code - with perhaps very slight changes.

I tried all of the 16 series chips and couldn't get one to work! Maybe its just my computer, I'll have to try this on someone else's.

by the way, should I invest in an ICD2 yet or should I wait till later to get/build one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back