PIC16F54

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

Does anybody know of a software programmer that I can use to program the 16F54? None of the programmers in Jay's sticky support it. I got this book and this is the IC that it is using to teach.

Kinda stuck right now :lol:

Have a look at This Site. It doesn't list the 54 as a supported device but has instructions on how to add any that are not listed.

Mike.

zachtheterrible said:
None of the programmers in Jay's sticky support it.

Well, you are a bit wrong about that. I did mention ICD2 "which acts as Universal PIC programmer (uses MPLAB directly) and as PIC Debugger."

zachtheterrible said:
Does anybody know of a software programmer that I can use to program the 16F54? None of the programmers in Jay's sticky support it. I got this book and this is the IC that it is using to teach.

Kinda stuck right now :lol:

No need to be stuck, there's nothing terribly individual about the 16F54, you can use almost any 16 series chip to run the same code - with perhaps very slight changes.

I tried all of the 16 series chips and couldn't get one to work! Maybe its just my computer, I'll have to try this on someone else's.

by the way, should I invest in an ICD2 yet or should I wait till later to get/build one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…