PIC16F84 configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

4electros

hello I need to know the configuration of microcontroller PIC16F84,i have the program code and the circuit diagram.But essentially it's required to get the basic wiring of this microcontroller such as oscillator connecting and those things.

reagrds

never mind about PIC16F84,i'm using it as a small project for traffic lights and also because i have the asm program code.Just that i need to know the general configuration in order to get the chip working.

thanks in advance!

Pommie said:
7. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 16F84A.

Hi Mike. I agree with this statement And I think that beginners can enjoy building their first circuits even if they use an old uC.
But some novel features sound interesting: I think of the wide operative voltage range and the internal oscillator.

Regards

4electros said:
what is 3FF0,1,2,3...............?

Those are example settings for the configuration fuses, I think it's a little unclear what you are actually asking? - but in any case, it's probably covered in the datasheet.

4electros said:
what is 3FF0,1,2,3...............?

They are settings for the configuration fuses.

Another way to enter them is,
Code:
	__CONFIG   _CP_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _RC_OSC

This would be put in your asm code. The last part ( _RC_OSC ) tells the assembler that your using a Resistor/Capacitor type oscillator. This can be changed to any of the following for other types of oscillator.

_LP_OSC = Low Power crystal
_XT_OSC = Normal crystal
_HS_OSC = High Speed crystal

You can find more information in section 6 of The 16F84A data sheet

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…