Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F88 Project Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shake_ECET209

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum. I was googling "PIC1688 Projects" and I found this forum.
I am taking a basic Microcontrollers class and we are using PIC16F88 Microcontrollers.
We have to do a project using the basic things we have learned so far...Timers, and different functions. I Feel like my classmates have already choosen the basic "easy" projects and im kinda stuck looking for a project that is basic but different from the rest.

Any Ideas or good websites to go too??

find something you want to do that involves a pic, like a project you want to do, most pics can replace everyday circuit blocks, for example i use a pic to control a car dynamo but thats an easy project requiring just the ADC and PWM output and a very simple control program. if you want something out of the ordinary look for a problem that needs a solution that can be solved with a pic, that way your guaranteed to be different

The 16F88 is similar to a reduced pin count 16F877A with an internal oscillator. It's a favorite 16F PIC IMO.
You could Google 16F84, 16F628A or 16F877 projects to get you started.

PIc16F88

Thanks guys, Yeah ive been googling PIC16f88 looking for some ideas on projects that wont require me to buy other tools. I am trying to find a project using a built in LCD screen on our bread boards.

Last edited:
Are you using assembly or some higher language like BASIC ? I don't know about how hard it is in assembly but any PIC can run an LCD diasplay that runs on the industry standard controller

we are using C code, MPLAB compiler. Its a basic class so im sure everything is pretty simple. We have done labs where we use the LCD displays to show binary numbers and stuff. I can even make a digital clock if I wanted for my project. Just dont really know where to start or if there is somthing just as simple but cooler. That is just my basic fall back plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back