Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18 Simulator IDE , hardware operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaby

Hello every one !
How to make a program written with PIC18 Simulator operate on hardware ( on real PIC18 ic ) ?
I wrote a program for PIC18F4550 using PIC18 Simulator , then I simulated it on PIC18 simulator and Proteus and it worked correctly . I tried to operate the program on hardware , but it did not work . What is the problem ?
Here some information may help you diagnose the problem :
The hardware I use is a printed circuit with PIC18F4550 mounted on it with all other elements needed .
The microcontroller is loaded with a Boot loader placed between 0 H and 800 H .
The PIC18F4550 circuit board that I have works with other programs that I wrote using assembly language on MPLAB IDE v1.9 .
When I write the assembly programs I set the original to 0x800 or 800H ( ORG 0x800 ) , to start at the address that follows the Boot loader .
I use to download the hex file to the PIC18F4550 the PICDEM FS USB Demo tool .
In my program on PIC18 Simulator I did not mentioned any thing about the Original , or where the program should start .

I think the problem is that the program starts at 0x0000 and I have the Boot Loader at this address . How to set the original address of the program with PIC18 Simulator ?
If you have any other suggestion about the problem , please tel me about it .

Thank you

If it works on ISIS but not for real... The problem is almost always the OSC settings...

I don't think it is the bootloader space as Vladimir does a bootloader and almost all bootloaders reside it the top portion of memory.... Look at the StartFormZero function...

Hi,

If other programs have worked ok on that 4550 then it suggests a problem with your code.

Why not post your code and circuit diagram.

Do you have / have you tried a proper programmer rather than using the bootloader ?

If it works on ISIS but not for real... The problem is almost always the OSC settings...

I don't think it is the bootloader space as Vladimir does a bootloader and almost all bootloaders reside it the top portion of memory.... Look at the StartFormZero function...
Thank you Ian;
Can you tell me how can I make the PIC18 use the internal Oscillator using PIC18 Simulator ?

Hi,

If other programs have worked ok on that 4550 then it suggests a problem with your code.

Why not post your code and circuit diagram.

Do you have / have you tried a proper programmer rather than using the bootloader ?
It will do from the off there is a configuration window selectable from the main IDE...

Can I use the PIC18 Simulator to download my program to the real PIC18 ? And how can I do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back