Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pickit 2 failed at memory location 0x000001

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremygaughan

Hi so my problem is exactly like the title says. I've been using a pickit 2 for a while now with no problems and I really like it. I'm trying to program an infrared airplane program into to little 12f675 chips and it's giving me the failed at 0x000001. Any experience with this problem?

I put another few 12f675's in there and it did the same thing. I can read them I can give them power and they run the previous programs that were there before. I also tried other hexes that I know work from previous use.

ok I have my volt meter and tested the USB and it is 5.02v I then went into trouble shoot and it has a button to test vpp. It stayed at 0.00v for that test and every test there after

There isn't a site that I prefer for building my indoor planes. But if you google "IFO" or "carbon butterfly" you can find many free plans for building these planes and many other people who are into them. I personally build my own bigger version of the carbon butterfly.

VPP is supposed to be about 12V during the test.

The PICkit2 schematic is in the manual, it could be the NPN transistor that drives the inductor / diode. That's the section to test.
It may be the inductor, check (without PICkit2 software running) that there is 5V on both sides of the inductor, if it's only on one side the inductor may be open.

Last edited:
jeremygaughan said:
ok I have my volt meter and tested the USB and it is 5.02v I then went into trouble shoot and it has a button to test vpp. It stayed at 0.00v for that test and every test there after

Thanks for the info. They are very cool. So may toys so little time (money!)

Edit: Bill's the man when it comes to PICkit2's.

Me naa,I'm more like Shultz. The VPP generator is a simple boost converter, real easy. The inductor is like a rubber band, the NPN pulls it to gnd and lets go. If the transistor is off the inductor should be sitting at 5V both sides.

well I've got a few more chips I'd like to run through it after I finish building the boards to fit them. Then, if that doesn't work I'm going to mail it in. thanks, and if you ever want to talk RC airplanes I'm in.

haha, restarted my computer for the second time and it just started working....funny things these pics. For sure an operator malfunction in there somewhere. thanks for all the help

it's the red button, it has done it a few more times tonight.....but closing out the program and opening it again seems to fix it

Do you have the new V2.50.02 Version? I think they released it today or yesterday...
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back